The internet and its ads

Each ad you see is different depending on the product and the social media site that it is located on. On Instagram I looked into my favorite brand of lipsticks social media platform. The company is called Beauty Bakerie Cosmetics Brand. It's Instagram page Shows the entire name of the brand and a few details about it, where they deliver to, hours and where they are located. In their Instagram they post pictures of their products, swatches of their products on different skin tones, models and actual customers who use it. Each picture list who is in the picture, if there's a person in the picture, what the product is and in what shade/color. This allows for the brand to show off their products and for potential customers to see what each product looks like and how it can look on a person. The target audience for this brand is mainly women who use or are interested in using makeup. I believe that it is working because they not only have people who are submitting their photos using the makeup, but they show off their makeup in a way that gets people interested in the products. It got me to buy a lipstick from them and I wear it all of the time. If I were in charge of the brand I would show more of the colors that they sell on the account along with asking the followers what they would like to see.

The two radio ads that I've picked were both found while listening to Pandora. The first one is a subway ad that begins with a man talking in a semi monotone voice about subway. What stood out about this ad is that for me it came off as kind of creepy in a way. The ad list a few reasons to get subway while still in a monotone voice and one of these reasons was that the ad told you to. The target audience for this is young adults who are hungry. The persuasive techniques that i heard in the ad is repetition and irritation. Subway was said multiple times and the entire ad annoys me anytime I hear it. The way i see is this ad is that it failed. This is because when i hear it the last thing i think about it going to subway, I just think about how creepy it sounds when I hear it. The other ad I found is also from Pandora. Its an ad For Stay True To You the campaign to keep teenagers away from drugs. This on in particular is about weed. It starts off with a student saying that he feels as if hes the only one who doesn't smoke, but then that he found out hes not alone. The technique that I heard in this ad was the association principle. They used this by showing that this site/campaign is for teens who are above using drugs to be cool and such. I believe it worked because it allowed for the audience to hear that they are not alone and gave them a place to visit to see the facts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The impact that is Music

Banned books and Magazines

Cosmo online or in your hand