Banned books and Magazines

The amount of banned and challenged books shocked me. I did recognized a few of the books including Looking for Alaska by John Green, Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James, and The Holy Bible. I am not a very religious person but the fact that it was on the list did surprise me. I do understand why it could be a problem though. I believe that there should be limits on books for schools but i feel like some of these books shouldn't be banned. For instance i don't believe that the Captain Underpants series should have been banned because I've seen how interested kids are with those books and watch children who hate reading finish the series in a matter of weeks when they dont read at all. In all honesty i own about two books and they were both given to me by family member. The only book out of those two that i've read any of is Looking for Alaska by John Green, but i haven't read enough to know what it really is about.

Three magazines that i've read have been Cosmopolitan, People, and Cover girl. I would always look for the most interesting article whether it was about a celebrity, make up, or sex. I like reading about celebrities and the articles about fun trips or stuff to buy, i'm a sucker for those.

Image result for cosmopolitan

The ads in these magazines tend to be for women over men and mainly makeup or clothing items. Some of the brands i see are Cover girl, Tampax, and Ralph Lauren. Out of these three brands only one has an ad for men. These publications say that sex does sell and that a stories about a celebrities can make me want to purchase a publication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The impact that is Music

Cosmo online or in your hand